Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Shelter

Throughout my life I have dreamt of an archetypal home.  That is not to say mine was not incredibly loving, as it was.  I was merely thinking my situation was not "normal." (As I was adopted.)  

I now work through the ideas of the honeycomb, and bees.  



The busiest of creatures with the most physically impossible power; to fly.





I love these creatures and what they do.  thus I have made a shelter and continue to make this shelter with the goal of 10 by 10 by 10 feet at least.  



I have started a home economics project of sorts as each piece is meticulously made.  Each hexagon is cut out, layered in beeswax, and then hand-sewn together. 

Truly a labor of love.



A shelter to be curved over a person.  Curving and forming to suit their individual needs.



I hope this labor of love will turn out 10 by 10 by 10 feet.  But until then I am having fun bee-ing myself; a busy, busy bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment