Sunday, September 8, 2013

A-Maze Me

I have been thinking for a while about how to start my newest set of work for my junior year.  Though I feel like I am starting from scratch I have eliminated some ideas, which in turn gets me a few steps closer to a finished product.  

Below is a 4 by 4 foot white frame.  It is filled with metal rings.  Inside the rings are pieces of black or white paper.  I was going to add a colored collage behind the black and white paper, however the idea of a white frame began to bother me.  It seemed to clean and less organic than I had originally hoped for. 

 And so my journey to a piece continued.  I have tentatively decided that I would like to make a maze along the left wall of my studio.  This maze will be made out of the wooden planks seen below.  The planks have borders in order to contain the metal rings I had originally intended on using.  The wood will show through and the rings will have 3-D collages within them.    
Wish me luck friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for describing your process. It's so interesting to take the journey to the final piece with you. Keep showing us the inside -- like an x-ray.

    ReplyDelete