Sunday, February 23, 2014

Paper Arts



I am creating these hexagon shapes and my hive I am also using a knife and scissors to cut out paper for another piece I am making.  I am trying to keep a few pieces going at once, in efforts to not be in a rut.


I cut negative space into my paper, 140 pound watercolor paper, in an effort to create a shadow effect once on display.


I am not sure how these pieces will interact with my beeswax body of work.  However, I am excited to see where this paper path takes me.

Below are the finished results of hours of cutting paper.  I hope to put these together with paper cut outs made with black paper.  I also hope to integrate wood sculptures with dramatic shadows and twine into the piece.  The goal of this piece is to play with the shadows which each component can create.    


No comments:

Post a Comment