Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gallery Manager

I am very excited to say that I am the Gallery Manager of the Nils Lou Gallery at Linfield College.  I am learning the logistics of how to run a gallery.  My plan for December and early January is to create a gallery Nils would be proud to call his own.  This means I will negotiate with facilities to remove the baseboards that are currently on the wall.  I will also negotiate with them to get the paint removed from the floor so that only concrete floors show.  I will patch up and smooth the walls myself.  I will then paint all of the walls white.  I will fix the pedestals over this time as well.  Each show will have publicity, and a formal statement that is mounted.

I have already met with facilities once and they will remove the baseboards over December.  I have also created and distributed a schedule for the professors that are in charge of the classes that will be showing in the gallery.  I have also contacted Linfield College's student government about publicity for all of the shows.  Hopefully there will be flyers for each show, that I will design.  As well as table tents in our dining hall and on campus Starbucks for our two biggest shows.

I am learning so much and feel tremendously honored to have a chance to run this space.  I hope I can do Nils justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment