Sunday, November 30, 2014

Halfway

My plan for January is to perfect a thin cup made of beeswax.  The cup must be thin as I want it to show the shadow of what it contains.  In the cup will be honey, poured halfway.  These cups, as I hope to perfect and make quite a few, will be on display in my studio in February.  I am very excited about this idea!

Logistically, I have tried this idea before.  I have tried melting the wax over a bowl, into a bowl, and forming the shape by hand.  These ideas created far to messy a cup.  My new plan is to buy a non-stick cupcake pan, spray it withnon-stick cooking spray and melt a chunk of wax in the pan.  This will make a solid form, the center of which I will scoop out.  I will then use a heat gun to smooth the rough surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment