Friday, February 27, 2015

A New Idea

I recently had the idea to part from my 1,000 beeswax cup idea.  I want to return to making figures out of beeswax.  I have compiled a list of volunteers, three other girls, and four boys.  I will cover them in plaster gauze in order to make moulds of them.  I will then paint a thin layer of beeswax on these plaster figures.  I am excited for the results but also very nervous!



The figures will stand with outstretched arms, hands open, ready to clasp the hands of another.  The figures will be out of arms reach from one another.  They will stand in a circle each on a beeswax covered wooden platform.  The piece will have beeswax covered wooden platforms for ten people, but only eight plaster forms will be cast.  I will let viewers take the other places.  I am trying my first test this Thursday.


In the middle of this circle of plaster people will be my carved building blocks.  Some of these carvings will be coated in beeswax, to mirror the beeswax covered wooden platforms that the plaster figures are standing on.  Hopefully the result will be luminous.

No comments:

Post a Comment