Friday, March 6, 2015

Carvings























(Carving prior to the addition of beeswax.)




I wanted to combine my carvings and my work with beeswax together.  At first I tried painting the wax on the carvings.
























Unfortunately a lot of the depth I had achieved when carving the piece was filled in by the beeswax.  I then tried to dip my carvings.






















The result was much more intriguing.  This is a good solution to having the carvings not give anyone splinters.  They are smooth, and waxy, with a bit of tooth.  The result is fascinating.  As some of the depth of the marks are still lost I will try and test how putting a light wood stain on the carving prior to dipping them in beeswax to see if the depth can be heightened even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment