Friday, March 6, 2015

Figure

I have realized a lot of what is driving my work is driven by figures.  A mother figure, connections between people, familial dynamics.  I have decided to put aside the beeswax cup idea for now.  I am going to make shadows with my carvings that are suggestive of humans but not completely representative of such.   The carving will be dipped in beeswax, a skin of sorts, and then hung with eye hooks and clear fishing line.  The sizes and shapes of the completed figures will vary, as the size and shapes of humans vary.  However, the result will be a figurative abstracted floating sculpture.  I will make as many of these figures as I can.  The negative space between these figures I hope will cast wonderful shadows on the back white wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment