Friday, March 21, 2014

Open Studio #2

The process of creating an open studio takes a long time.  There is a lot of contemplation that goes in to creating an installation of your best works.  With beeswax and shadow as my focus I created an installation/ open studio for my peers to experience.

I used a beeswax curtain as my entrance.




(Deatils)


Walking in to the curtain one was able to see shadows projected on the walls.  These shadows were made by placing two spotlights outside the curtain.  The effect created a warm shadow inside the space.



I left part of the curtain hanging to make a canopy.  This way people could walk beneath the canopy and see shadows on themselves.  I also placed cut outs on the canopy to create shadows when the viewer looked upwards.




The book I had created beforehand, along with various cut-outs also provided shadows on the wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment