Friday, March 14, 2014

Re-energizing

I find that the more I work on my beeswax work the more it calms me.  However, I also need some excitement.  For this project I used oil pastels on a 2 foot by 3 foot plank of wood.  I created blocks of color using rapid movements.  I laid the plank on a layer of sand.  I then created a circle with gravel of a different color.



To see the blocks of color I created a window out of a white piece of paper.  From the work with the beeswax I have learned how to cut out paper in a similar manner as the line work of my color blocking.  I cut out shapes and lines with a knife in order to create the finished piece.


I thoroughly enjoy this manner of working.  I love the rapid movements I needed to acquire in order to make this piece.  Between the rapid movements of knife on paper, or oil pastel on wood, I was forced to make quick choices.  

The beeswax work calms me but this work wakes me up.  I plan to work on both modes, to fully center myself. 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment