Thursday, October 23, 2014

Artists Critiques

I was anonymously critiqued by artists working in a variety of different media.  I saw that my installation could use more of a sense of comfort, whether through bright colors, throw rugs, or blankets on the nearby futon.  I also was given the feedback that I could add a step in my artist statement that connects the process of building things creates joy, and how playing makes you happy.  

I also got the feedback that I had good variety in my carvings, that my artist statement was inviting, and had a simplicity, as well as being informative.  My fellow artists enjoyed the idea of play therapy, and that my installation was interactive, and a group or solitary experience.  They thought the idea of abstracting the healing process was interesting, and that the marks I carved made them think about how injury works.

Overall, the feedback I got was very exciting, and helped me think about my piece from a spectators eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment