Friday, October 10, 2014

Gallery Show

The work that goes into preparing for a gallery show is exciting.  As an artist, I am nervous, giddy, excited, by the very idea of hanging my work in a gallery.  The very notion of having the general public view my art is humbling, and nerve-wracking.  In a gallery show I cannot control what the public perceives, or why they perceive it.  Nonetheless, it is still an experience every artist should enjoy.

Recently I had the honor of hanging an Intro to Studio classes work.  These budding artists do not know their work is hung yet.  I am excited to see their reaction.  As many of these artists came in to the class not thinking they could draw, or not thinking what they made was, in fact, art, I am excited to see what their response will be when their pieces are placed in a gallery setting.

I remember when I had my first piece of art in a gallery.  Outside of the gallery setting I was not aware of the pieces power.  But, once it was in a gallery, I saw it with new eyes.  The piece was important.  It was magical.  I hope to share these feelings with these artists.

Below are images of their first gallery show.  Hopefully the first of many.


(Entryway)



















(Left wing)



(Right wing)














No comments:

Post a Comment