Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Finger Painting Is For Kids

Finger painting was always a pastime I enjoyed.  But, as I got older I was given a brush, told to be neater, tidier, I was given a picture that my painting was to look like.  So, I walked away.  Recently I had an urge to paint.  I went to a paint store and bought colors I thought went together.  I also bought a 4 foot by 8 foot piece of drywall.  I was going to paint.

It was not until a few days ago that I actually started the process.  An hour before I was supposed to be in a class I felt particularly discouraged.  I was over it; over drawing, painting, making art, living life in a particular way.  So I painted.  I open the cans of paint and put color after color on my dry wall.  Below are some close ups of my finger, palm, and drip painting.









The result was fun, and messy, and left me drained with my heart on my "canvas."

No comments:

Post a Comment