Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bee-ing One With Myself

After I found the petrified bee in my melting beeswax I found strength enough to pour the wax into my moulds.  I prepped the moulds by adding talc powder into them with a sifter, so as to coat the surface fully and evenly.  I melted the beeswax and poured it in the mould.





I used a spoon to move the hot wax and keep it from puddling in the crevices of the mould.  



As the wax cooled it was easier to get it up the walls of the mould.






Though not as smooth as I'd prefer the wax to be I was rather pleased with how the talc kept the wax from sticking to the mould's surface.



I melted more wax and in the meantime I used a heat gun to smooth the wax that had been poured into the mould.  I then poured the second layer.

I had originally only planned on filling one mould.  However, I was enthralled with this process and decided to fill both of them with beeswax.


I put a fan nearby to aid in the cooling process.  I hope a flash cooling will help the wax separate from the mould.  I will return tomorrow to see what effect cooling and time has on the wax.



No comments:

Post a Comment