Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Importance Of Bee-ing Earnest

There are some things in the world that makes me realize the importance of being earnest and diligent in my work as an artist.  Today as I melted my beeswax I found one of these things.  A tiny bee lay on the surface of the melted beeswax.  It had been dead for a while.  The wax kept it petrified in perfect condition.



























Normally such an image as a dead creature would be sad to me.  But this bee was so beautiful.  It was perfect.  The was tinted the wings regular white color, turning them golden.  The gold color brought out the veins in the wings.  The glossy wax left a shine to the bee's body.  

This is an image I shall not soon forget.  I have been having trouble making art lately.  I have been lost.  I have feared this loss for over ten days now.  I have never really looked at a blank paper and not known what to do.  These past ten days I was at a loss for thought, a loss of instinct, a loss of     bravery.  

The sheer beauty this creature provided me today is something I treasure.  I don't believe in a higher power in a God of sorts.  But I do believe that this was a good omen.  This beauty brought me strength to work, and inspiration to direct me.  I am very grateful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment