Thursday, September 11, 2014

Trials and Tribulations

I thoroughly enjoy repetitive acts.  This may be one of the traits that connects me to bees, who spend the majority of their lives preforming the same tasks.  I find my OCD has infiltrated my work.

My art has always been the way I could be chaotic, ignore my self-imposed restrictions, get crazy.  Now I find the two sides of me, my organized daily self, and my creative art self, are at odds.  The two sides of me are resulting in much tension in my work.

However, I have found peace in repetitive acts.  I painted the background in a wash of India ink mixed with water.  In an aboriginal style, I then added dots.  I limited myself to three colors.  The first ones that drew my attention.  The end result is a piece that reminds me that the two sides of me can simultaniously be shown in my work, in turn, showing a cohesive piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment