Friday, September 26, 2014

Nothing Lost

Two days ago I tried to pull out my beeswax mould from the plaster cast.  It did not go as planned.  As the talc could not stay on the vertical walls of the cast, the beeswax stuck.  I tried to heat the wax to help loosen it.  However, the mould lost its form.  In the end I took the beeswax out in chunks.  I plan to re-use it with my new plan of attack.

I will coat the mould in either Pam cooking spray or vaseline, or both, to help the mould come out of the form.  I will then layer a thin fabrics, known as cheese cloth, in order to help lift the mould out of the cast.  I will also mix nylon threads into the wax, in order to strengthen and bind the wax.

I will practice all of this on a smaller scale until I reach the perfect combination of these things.  Nothing is lost.  Information is gained!



No comments:

Post a Comment