Saturday, September 6, 2014

Plaster Mould

Over this summer I sketched.  At first I did not know what I would create next.  That's the very thing people rarely tell you about successful art pieces.  They are very difficult to follow up.  Eventually I stopped thinking about what I'd do next to "top myself."  I thought about my needs and my life, and more importantly I just felt.  I felt everything I had bottled up for years and I started to sketch.  This is when I decided to ask my friends for help.  I would make moulds of my body.  A series of them. 


I made one of my front.






















And one of my back.











The result is fascinating!  

(Laying out to dry)


I left them to dry in the sun.  

I will leave them to dry this weekend.  I will then work on practice moulds of my elbow and hand, in order to work out a process.  I will eventually fill these larger moulds with beeswax.

I am very excited and nervous to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment